Friday, June 11, 2010

Post # 5

Today we saw the proctologist/surgeon who scheduled Mark for surgery on next Tuesday, June 15th.   The purpose is to make Mark more comfortable (they called it "palliative") and they acknowledge the impossibility of removing all of the cancer.    That means it will be a simple procedure with a minimum of down-time.   He also gets to keep all of his natural equipment (yay!).    They will then also have the tissue to test for the effectiveness of the chemo drug mentioned earlier.

 

We are also talking about the difficult personal, legal and financial decisions so that we can put those worries and concerns aside and focus on healing.    It reminds me of a sweet lady who left my office after signing her will.   She said, "Now I know I'll live much longer - I can feel my blood pressure going down just knowing this is done."

 

Even though we haven't been able to reply to each of you, we sincerely thank all of you who have taken the time to write words of encouragement.    It is truly appreciated and helps us keep our spirits up.   We love you!  

 

Laurel

 

 

 

 

1 comment:

  1. What an amazing testimony he has! You both look so happy together! Maybe I'll see you at the reunion! Love, Kathy (Cook) Buxton

    ReplyDelete